A quick update
I’ve left this site abandoned for almost a month now? So much has been happening that I haven’t got the time to properly sit down and document it all.
- Passed my finals and I’m done with medical school!
- Ended Ramadhan with a bang. Safe to say that this has been the most meaningful, and my best one yet.
- Had a spectacular Eid/Raya celebration… and we’ve still got 3 more weeks to go.
- Roadtripped up north during the holidays to reconnect with family (and food, let’s be honest here)
- I’ve got 2 new dishes up my sleeve.
- Got a quarter of my room cleaned up.
- Settled my documents for the Malaysian Medical Council temporary registration.
- I’m employed! Well… sort of.
Alhamdulillah for it all. I have been at home for about 2 weeks, and I’d say each day has been productive. I’m quite impressed myself.
The thing about holidays is… the more time I have, the more I take it for granted. This has been proven time and time again, ever since I was in high school. (That totally explains why a lot of my primary and secondary school stuff remained in my cabinets. Never got around to bringing them to the recycling centre!)
Spare time is a luxury I won’t have anymore when I step into the wards as a house officer. For this year-long break, I’m holding myself accountable. There are skills to garner, places to visit, people to say hello to, and sales to make. Planning my days in medschool was tough as the schedule changes so much and I leave room for the sudden classes/meetings/study groups, but I don’t have any excuses now.
p/s: It was 4 am when I started writing this and the full moon was glowing out there. 40 minutes later it’s hidden behind the clouds and the sky is super dark again. What is the point I’m trying to make? You figure it out.